View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
traderjane

Hi and welcome Grace, LookingForMe and Karma! All are welcome, of course.

And Sleepie, yes, anyone is welcome to join and re-join! Look at the date I joined SR -- as long as we keep getting back up after we fall, we can do it!

LillyRose, hope you are okay!! And you, too, Severian!

I just got back from my yoga retreat. It was AMAZING. Dare I say life-changing.

We had 3 two-hour intense yoga sessions and one yoga trance dance, which was just amazing. We ate healthy organic foods all weekend and I drank nothing but water with lemon, some herbal teas and coffee (in the mornings... I'm a coffee addict )

I cleared a lot of sh*t out of my brain and realized that I have do this even more. I came back feeling refreshed and like a new person. I made some new friends -- really interesting people. The kind of people you meet on a yoga retreat are really thoughtful, instropective and as one person put it "anyone who comes on a yoga retreat has lived several past lives." I wouldn't have traded this experience for anything. I took my journal with me and wrote down every revelation I had -- and I had many!

The weird part is that the minute I got back home and my kids came back from their Dad's house, I had a craving for a glass of white wine. One glass --- LOL, do we ever have one glass? Fortunately I was able to just observe the craving and not give into it. I had an early dinner, brewed some decaff coffee and had a dessert. Much better than "rewarding" myself with wine.

So I'm doing very well ... got through 13 days now. I'm still trying to stay with the "stay sober for one day" attitude as it's the least overwhelming way for me.

Later everyone!