View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
treadingwater

Thank you everyone. My stomach is in knots. I know what you are all saying is so true. I have such despair since my son DOES admit he has a problem. He says he doesn't want to get better. He can't live without using.

I just wish I could LOVE him clean, but I know that I can't, which is such a terrible feeling.

He is still being confined to the hospital. ICC/ICU of all places...with a guard/attendant sitting outside his window. I spoke with his nurse and she did say he is starting to get irritable asking when he can leave. I did ask her what would happen if he tried to leave, she said the may sedate him. They realize that he is a harm to himself. They are waiting to put him in a treatment center that will accept him without insurance.
At this point I think he needs more than drug treatment, he need psych care.
He is so in his own reality. What's so crazy is he is so adamant about not wanting to get better. Now isn't that insane?
My other concern is he doesn't have any insurance. I don't know how we are going to handle all these hospital bills he has been accummulating. One more stressor.

Thank you again for all your prayers. Please pray the LORD will open my son's eyes and give him the strength to want to help himself. I am praying for a miracle!!