View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
utopia

I don't know if this helps, but big platonic, safe, loving hug of encouragement. ((((Hug))))

i read this thing which im gonna try which is to just for a moment, pray only on "god" (whatever that means to you) and nothing else, no ex-bf, no warped family, no problem x y or z....just god (and step 11 his will for me), gonna hope it helps me.....again heh...

I have heard it said that Courage is Fear that has said it prayers.

meaning that, I still feel afraid after I pray but the prayer pushes me through it. it doesn't absolve it....I have to walk through the fire, walk through the rain, then I make it. It doesn't happen any other way for me. Sucks but I have also come to learnt I can't decide "if" i will accept life on lifes terms, only "how" I can do that.

For me, alanon meetings helped me because the comfort and support of the people who just listened to me and doing service gave me some confidence in myself...mostly it is just one day at a time. Congratulations on all your efforts too, not too many give us the encouragement and praise we feel we deserve for all our hard efforts at life, at least i can feel that way, so good on you. keep on coming back to meetings, keep on living one minute, one moment, one day at a time and know that you are loved, believed and you will be ok. xx