View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Timebuster
The truth shall set you free

Trish

Those old behaviors, thoughts and feelings served a purpose once. We believed we needed them for survival. Today we need to accept our choice, grieve our losses and forgive ourselves. The losses are the result of our children, spouses and our selves not being there consistently. Being there means supporting, validating, loving and paying attention to us. An intense negative awareness had been substituted for the intimacy and positive intensity of being there.

All of a sudden living with a wide variety of day to day feelings may seem unbearable because it’s a new type of intensity and because some emotions are still linked to a time when we didn’t have the trust, permission or hope to express them. Thus pain and grief may arise even when the initial feeling is positive one. If we stay honest and keep grieving this to will heal and release experiences and feeling today from those of the past.

The grief does come to an end. With each incident along the way, we begin to feel stronger and clearer as we grieve it through. Times of grief grow further apart and eventually dwindle. We become less afraid of them and more aware of their healing nature.

God Bless
Timebuster

I might not be the person that I want to be, I might not be the person that I like to be, but Thank God am not the person that I use to be.