Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
praiseHim

Originally Posted by mamm View Post
Hi PraiseHim, i really feel for you! You are at least in a better position than me, mine refuses help, the first time 11 years ago, he went cold turkey, took 3 months for him to sober up, never went for any counselling or AA, now i am sure because of that he is now right back to that day, if your issues are never worked through, how can you heal, I was a big part in his recovery, but this time it seems I have no standing at all, we were so, so close. Now it feels as if I have lost my whole world, but I do have 2 beautiful girls, which keep me going and I really pray, he will find peace and realize all he is losing. Thinking of you.
Yes, I really feel your hurt with how close you all got. I feel really sorry that you all lost that. when he relapsed I am thankful that my husband is willing to get help. I'm worried that unless the drinking and our issues are addressed that we will be in the same position. We have worked on our issues time and time again, but have never improved long term. I really think that it is because the drinking and the issues were not both dealt with. Kinda the opposite of your problem. I've heard that though, that it will be out of balance unless both things are dealt with: your problems, feelings, past AND the drinking.