View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ReadyToHelp

Hi Spin,

I think the thing to remember here, no offense to anyone, is that A's tend to be manipulative. Sooooo, whatever it is that they say - if they're not in recovery with no excuses - they're manipulating.

My Xabf told me that he was an A. After his 4-day disappearance/binge, he printed up signs that said "I am an A, I will always be an A..." and some other stuff that he said he got from rehab. He still came home smelling of alcohol. He was either trying to fool himself, me, or both of us, into thinking that he was "doing something about it". The "something" turned out to be printing up signs to put on my walls and doors.

In the end, he still drank until he moved out of my apartment. He calls himself a "binge drinker" since he just binges. But he drank on a regular basis while at work (he was a waiter).

I guess the question now is - what do you, Spin, want to do? What's your response to his behavior?

On this wonderful message board, with these wonderful people, you will learn - you must take care of yourself first.

Great post, Catlovermi and Anvilhead. Solomio, at least there's no issue of denial...

Ready.