Thread: Lost my Sponsee
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
tomvlll

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
Thanks all ....... and you were right ...... just finished step 3, working on step 4. I had just talked to her about when to be finished and set a date to meet with her to go over it. *sigh* I saw her last night, we talked a bit. We're still friends. And then she send me a message today that she sort of missed me.

I suppose if she comes back to me I have to get over this mini-resentment and take her back, huh?
I have found that there are a good number of people in the AA FELLOWSHIP who don't really believe in the AA PROGRAM. They believe more in those FELLOWSHIP programs . "(Don't drink..go to meetings...keep coming....call your sponsor every day....meetings are for sharing problems to get them out of your system).
Many newcomers are attracted to those FELLOWSHIP programs, because they are easier and softer.
Also, I think it's very difficult for a newcomer to see the relationship between their drinking and those steps.

As to the question you asked at the end, I think you answered it already . Correctly.

I guess you intuitively knew how to handle a situation that used to baffle you.