View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by sobermax View Post
Some thoughts from today:

I don't have to see my relapses as 'failures'. My experiences have prepared me for today.
This is something I came to realise as well. My relapses - however hellish they were - have ultimately served me well.

I don't have to hate everything and everyone around me just because life can seem hard sometimes.
So true. It's exhausting hating and resenting.

I am unlikely to be transformed into a religious-maniac-cult-zombie by undertaking this programme.
Very unlikely.

If I drink, I'm dead. Just a matter of time.
Yes

If that isn't sufficient, I now have a selection of 24 hour helplines, and a mobile phone.
When times do get difficult, I hope you do call people. Getting to regularly talk to people in AA helps because what happens is you find someone will call you just at the moment when you need it, and the chances are you would have never picked up the phone yourself.

Although the moral inventory and making of amends are particularly daunting
Everyone feels like this. This is why we say keep focused on the step you are on and don't look at the next one until you are ready. When you are ready, you won't feel so daunted by it. There are a lot of people working the 12 Steps posting here in the 12 Step forum, why don't you check it out when you are ready.

This week has been very cool.

Getting this stuff out at SR is just brilliant.
Good for you. Well done on your sober time. Keep sharing.