View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Toronto68

Someone, I realize that the coverage "logistics" between the various organizations can be complex, but it's bizarre that there are these incidents that keep cropping up to thwart the stay at rehab.

Another thing that I am wondering is whether this part-time job you were insisting on working at to stay busy is still the one where you were around alcohol. I could be remembering it wrong, but I thought it was a liquor store or something similar. If that's the case, it's odd that your mother would want you around there.

I don't know what your plans are to combat the issues, but I want to point out to you again that I had some similarities to you when it comes to relationships and dealing with emotions and losses. I got a little better at dealing with my relationship issues and self ownership, but of course I limited that through my addiction, which became real after merely dabbling in the consumption (experimenting with some "now you see drama, now you don't" and so forth). I have some extra capillaries to show for it, for one thing. If you keep going with what I think is dabbling in self-abuse, you might get exactly what you're asking for. Alcohol did its part to make things appear better for me, but it's not alcohol's fault it wasn't a friend. This is not anyone else but you. Sorry, but no matter who died or who hurt you, intentionally or not, you have a responsibility to carry on. You have to grieve your different kinds of bereavement properly and be responsible for your well-being. If you have been using alcohol in the ways you have been telling, you need to put yourself through some constructive plans. The confines of those plans are not the things that deprive you of freedom.