Thread: Angry with God
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AMLSurvivor

Originally Posted by navysteve View Post
Being angry at God is something that many people have wrestled with throughout time. When something tragic happens in our lives, we ask God the question, “Why?”

Even the Carpenter, while on the Cross is said to have cried out "Father, why have you forsaken me"?

Is it possible however, to be upset when God's plans do not match our own? Are we being selfish?

Or are we growing?

In any close intimate relationship do we ever get upset with one another?

instead of being a sign of disbelief or disrespect,it can be a step towards a deeper, more fulfilling and trusting relationship with God. It can be a sign that we are ready to involve God more actively in our daily activities, to dialogue with God on a more personal basis and even follow His guidance in our life. Thus, contrary to popular belief, anger towards God can be a positive sign of the potential personal relationship with Him, as opposed to anger being a sign of disbelief in or denial of God. Think about it, how many of us who claimed to be Athiest or Agnostic were in reality just angry at God.
I can appreciate this thought, and I have to believe God does too. Psalm 73 demonstrates there is more truth in an honest complaint than a false declaration of praise.

Read the book of Job, and then replace the name "Job" with AMLSurvivor. This will give you a fairly accurate assessment of the reasons I should be angry with God. Everything I've worked for my entire life is gone. I've nearly died, and nearly lost my family.

I think being angry with God for a time is being honest with God. God knows our hearts regardless, so whether we verbally acknowledge our anger really doesn't matter. Everything I've worked for my entire life was a gift from God for a time, but the wealth of God is not in this life. Its in that moment when death is somewhat certain that I realized that I had no control of my life to begin with. Control is an illusion that we fool our selfish pride with. The only control I have is what I think and what I say.

I agree with your assessment.