View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vegibean

Arrow Newcomers, I have a message :)

And this can apply for the rest of us, myself included, who do the whole "but I'm too tired, the meeting is too far away, I don't like the meetings by me", yadda, yadda, yadda.......

I'm going to be an SR martyr here for a second.

If you're really picking excuses to not get up and go to one, PLEASE hit one of them here, ESPECIALLY if you're struggling.

I've been to probably a kazillion live meetings, I've chaired them myself here at SR and I've attended a hand full of Pancakes and they're always empowering for me. If I've had a bad day, a meeting has been a great way to lift me up. I know that in my early recovery and when I was struggling, a meeting helped me when the cravings were bad, they truly helped me.

Here's the link of this site to check them all out.

Chat Meetings and Chat Discussions - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

And the best thing about doing an SR meeting is you can sit in your PJ's, get relaxed and chilled, if you have a laptop you can do it anywhere in your home, have some tea, coffee, a snack and pick your nose if you want!! Oh wait, and popcorn.....

LMAO, hee hee hee.........

Anyway, I don't know if this will encourage anyone, I hope it will. I know that doing a meeting seems like such a hard thing to do, and NO!!! I am not being facetious, I know some of us can come up with tons of excuses not to but I'm just trying to encourage you to try the ones here.

Ok, over and out, I'm stepping off my