View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I come to SR cos ive been here in addiction and into recovery and its nice to see familiar faces and to post about what im up to in the hope it might inspire someone else to get help...i also value the opinions and experience of people with longer term sobriety and different recovery methods to mine:-)

Do you see me posting about needing help? Or questions about recovery or daily living? Nope you dont! Why because through the steps and the change in myself (another way to put spiritual awkening) i dont have issues with alcohol anymore and have changed and am changing into the person i was meant to be...

I would be back at the bar in a flash if you told me i had to live with any obsession...i wouldnt have it, no way! I dont agree that it is a long hard road, it is actually quite simple...all one has to do is to have a drastic enough change in themselves to remove the obsession and happy days!

Anyone is free to make the process as complicated or as simple as they like, if someone wants to keep winging it for the rest of their lives and fight the good fight against alcohol then that is up to them, its not for me though and anyone can do what i did when they are ready...

Questioning all this is great, i even went to 12 step rehab before finally getting into AA...i too knew someone, a friends Dad,who was sober for years and years and drank again...he too was supposedly recovered...when you get on the program, and i mean working the steps etc, you will understand why i take someone claiming that they are recovered and then next minute drinking with a pinch of salt...because recoevered people dont drink...hanging off of AA meetings wont keep you sober and a lot of people think that is what it takes to get recovered...it isnt...

As for all the other day to day living stuff that most of the world do with ease all their lives but causes us such problems, that all falls into place as it has done for me:-)