View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
coming_clean

I had my first job when I was 12, on the weekends and holidays. i´m 26 now. I worked every weekend and holiday ever since. In college I had two jobs, and I was working between three and five days a week. When I was 23 I started working full-time.

My sister however never had a job till now, she´s 27. She´s still in school, after her first degree she went for another. Last year with christmas she got angry (!!!) at my father because he did not wanted to pay 50.000 dollars to her so she could not go study in America for a year or so.

My parents told me, either you study hard and get good grades, or you get a job and you work hard. My sister chose the first, I chose the second since I never hav, e been able to concentrate long on studying. Still I got a college degree. My sister has had tens of thousands of euro´s throughout the years. They never gave me anything.

Sometimes I feel bitter about this, cause it´s really unfair, but most of the times i´m proud, because my sister has become kinda a stuck up snob, who looks down on the average joe the plummer, and mocks their salaries. I shake joe´s hand and offer him some coffee when he comes in and fixes my broken stuff.

Our societys are build on average people.

Anyways, I would horrifed to find out my kid stole a lot of money from me. I would go for a slow but steady financial lockdown (so my kid would have some room to breathe), and never pay a penny again, at least for a few years.

It´s good to learn the value of money by a hard days of work.

My grandfather would be proud of me when he heard this...