View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Hey Dub......here are my thoughts.

1. Man, I can't believe how awesome it is to see you posting sober. Its like a new strong you and I love it!!

2. Blogging is so therapeutic so go for it. Helps us clear our minds.

3. 100% agree that kids need to be accountable for their actions - cause and effect. I was working full time by 18 and paid "board" to live at home. A set amount came out of my pay. Will I do that if I have kids? I give them a few choices. Go to college, go into the military or get a job and earn your keep. That simple. No mooching or bumming around.

4. I am sorry to hear about your daughter and the $$$ situation. Many times one parent sugar coats a child's actions - My mom did it and I see parents of my students over the years do it. Truth is....these problems can be nipped in the bud if addressed early on. You and your wife will need to do some sitting down and talking about this but your daughter needs some help. If what she says is true then getting her into a program is a good start. Sounds like maybe some counseling may be in order as well.

5. I am so proud at how you are handling things sober and finding positive outlets like riding the harley, etc. Regardless of what is going on at home or around you......your focus must be on your recovery. If we aren't well and in the right place......then we can't help anyone else....that is for sure. I am so glad how you are leading by example and you have lots to pull from with handling your daughters situation.

Good stuff man.....keep posting!!