Old 06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

We are currently still married; however I took our young son and left him 2 years ago. Up until the end of March of this year he was still drinking - as he puts it he can drink "a fifth of vodka like it's no one's business"; he had a blow up at work - walked off-site, which basically ended up with him having to get into a 28-day program if he wanted to go back to work. He hasn't drank in about 2 months now, but is still refusing to admit he's an alcoholic. My son and I are safe at my sister's but I'm currently having issues with AH's new-found interest in trying to be what he's thinking is a 'dad' to our son and I'm carrying on an debate with myself about whether or not to use 1/2 of the money I've scraped together these past 2 years (saved to buy a home / condo) for a good lawyer for divorce and custody/visitation proceedings.

There are some really rough days, but I'm finding the support I need to get through it. Until I posted here about his 'husbandly rights' I hadn't dealt with that, but actually just hung up from talking with a friend about AWAIC and will be meeting with her at lunch time to talk some more.

So thank you for your thread.