Thread: Aa
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sleepie

I am doing the 90 meetings in 90 days or as close as I can to it. I don't see anything preventing it. It's only three months. Thanks for all the input- good food for thought. I've already been quite surprised by some of the speakers. I like that one really can't judge a book by it's cover, and I rediscover that each time I go- for instance my new acquaintance who's sticking with me until I find a sponsor looks like my natural nemesis, the sorority girl type... She walked in and I rolled my eyes thinking, "Oh, somebody had a couple too many cocktails once or twice and now she thinks she has a problem, well I'VE been drinking every day for eight years and painting and getting things done, and I can even drink (NOT) on antabuse". How ridiculous is that? As if there's a hierarchy in alcoholism. Then she was introduced to me, and wowed me- for lack of a better term. She had sad eyes and glitter on her face- and a voice that sounded to hold some hard gained stories and wisdom to impart. She was aggressive about staying in touch- I suppose she was introducing me to the accountability factor, which was new to me. It was an eye opener and I've had one at each meeting I've attended so far, few as they may be. But, that aspect that alone inspires me to keep coming back.