Old 06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mark75

The treatment center I went to had a "tone" that was in the same universe as what you are experiencing in your OP treatment. As I get further away from that rehab experience I am able to look at some of those kind of interactions with a bit more objectivity ....

I can look at now it as living life on life's terms... Kind of like when I had a teacher in school that was a whack-o... I knew it, my parents knew it, every one knew it.... The message I got was... Suck it up son, there are always people like that in the world that you'll have to deal with... Makes one's own blood boil doesn't it... that kind of response to a legitimate gripe?

If you are in a program that you enrolled in completely voluntarily, change it. If it is a mandated program... well, just let it roll off your back, the kind of resentment that you are describing is not good for your recovery.

I am in a mandated OP program still, 20 months later. I can really let it bug me, what we talk about in group is bullsh1t... I remember one discussion that went on forever by someone who was having a hard time deciding on the color of his kitchen cabinets... and I drive an hour and a half every week for this nonsense??

Oh well.... It's expected that I'll be there... that's life

Mark

BTW... she sounds like a real ********.