View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nichole78

At a loss for words....so sad

Ok so if you had read my last post my brother went into a detox last week...he stayed the full 7 days and then left, no beds in the program so my mom was sick and couldnt pick him up, she western unioned money to him so he could take the train back to his house. He met up with a girl that had left detox the previous day and she offered to drive him home for gas money, he gave he 20 for gas, while they were driving she pulled over and pulled out her stash of heroin, got high and offered to my brother ( i didnt know this til last night) of course he did it with her. All week he has sounded off to me and blamed it on sleeping pills.....i didnt buy it. So 3 days after leaving detox he was trying to get back in told us he took xanex and couldnt get into the 6 month prog with it in his system...we knew it wasnt xanex. Anyway everone refused him because you have to be out of detox 14 days in order for it to become a habbit again, i called to make sure he was telling the truth, woman was real rude! So anyway he kept callin them back crying, begging for help, his insurance said they would pay for it but he didnt didnt understand the rule i guess.

SO, last night he found a place that would take him, i was talking to him while he was packing his stuff and waiting for my mother. he was saying he is going to give it his all this time, he has a child on the way and just wants to be a good father, and he knows he needs this.

Next thing he says is oh my god nichole there is a swat team surrounding my house.....i thought he was lying. Then he tells me he swears on everything he loves they were there, i heard them kicking in the downstairs door and he tells me hes going to jail he robbed a gas station!!! So i hear then bang in the other door take his phone throw him on the ground, he was saying my sister is on the phone dont scare her please dont scare her, so after things quieted down i hung up.

He called from police station to my mom and then me.....he confessed to everything because he needs help bad. He robbed a gas station TWO times....first time he had a knife, second he sent a note saying he had a gun, there was no gun, he was very upset all he wanted was help and he kept getting refused.

so then i called his roomate to make arrangements to get his belongings, but the police answered the phone, he apologized that i had to hear that happen but it was for their saftey they didnt know if he was armed, he said after talking to him he knows hes just a kid that bottomed out that no one would help when he was begging for help.

There was NO knife so one of the armed robbies should be dropped to robbery, he said he is such a nice kid, very polite and looking at his record he is not a criminal, all his charges were drug related, he was never out to hurt anyone. During the robbery he did not cover his face and he said that works out in his favor along with not having a gun....he said he is going to talk to the DA and see if some of his jail time can be served in a state substance abuse program for inmates

he is being arrained this morning.........Im glad his bottom was this and not death but im still lost and very sad!

Hearing that on the phone knowing i couldnt help him when they were bashing in the door killed me.......but he is ok

Im going to need people to talk with and some support, so i will keep coming back....please keep him in your prayers, his name is david and he is only 23 yrs old and is honestly a very good kid when he is clean, he would never ever ever hurt a soul!! Thanks for reading