Thread: Aa
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chops

Originally Posted by Alizerin View Post
So the conversation went well with the woman? More meetings, more numbers. :-) I always show up a half hour early to mingle with my fiends. The "meetings" before and after the meetings are when we really connect if you ask me. Hang in there! You're making all the right strides - just stumbled a bit. I did too. I'll celebrate three years next month.
absolutely, meetings before the meetings and the meetings after, and the rides to the meetings and the rides home from the meetings... and its progress not perfection, I went to the meetings before the meetings to get "my seat", but I had the look and the disposition that said "stay the f away from me" for a long time, but AA sucked me in and before I knew it I was chatting with some really good folks, the barrier came down slowly.

To the OP, don't worry about the blue book scaring you, I photocopied the doctors opinion and just read that for the first 6 months daily because it was all I could handle. Maybe you or your sponsor wants to do more, cool, but I didn't drink, went to meetings, and sometimes asked for help for the first year. Different strokes for different folks....

The cliches, hated them too! But now they are a part of my life and I cannot figure out how the hell it happened, and when I speak at the podium at least 3 or 4 big book quotes come out! How the hell did that happen?

It's all good, two years + sober and it is all because of that "freaking book" and those "stupid sayings", it is all because of AA. I owe my life to everything I hated when I first came into AA.