Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
north

Location: Overseas... on the shore of an uncharted desert isle.
There are times I'll drink n.a. beers - the ones I get are the new 0.00% alcohol-free ones by Japanese brewers Kirin, Suntory, or Sapporo (I'm mentioning this as some n.a. beers have anywhere from 0.05% to 0.5% alcohol by volume depending on whether you are in the US or UK). Often for very similar reasons as indicated by betterlate. And, in my case, no 'triggering' effect. If I had any flavor 'triggers', I reckon it would be Coca Cola as I'd sometimes mix it with Jack Daniels. However, I have no problems with Coke except for the excess sugar and the way it tends to make my teeth hurt.

The only time I had a 'problem' was when a friend quietly canceled my order with the waiter and replaced it with a draft beer. I saw it, handed him the extra beer and re-ordered. Now when I go out with 'well-intentioned' idiots like him, I'll make sure the n.a. beer is still in the bottle and will make sure I pour it myself. So, like with any other drink - mixed or otherwise - simply make sure you do some quality control. Even waiters and bartenders can make mistakes.