Old 05-30-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
daisygirl2000

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post

whether HE has a problem is not so much as the question as whether his drinking is a problem FOR YOU.
That's why I came here...to learn more about alcoholism and find out if his drinking SHOULD be a problem for me or if I am over-reacting.

I know very little about alcohol dependence. With the way his drinking is now, it doesn't seem to be a real problem. And up until recently I really hadn't paid enough attention to the amount he has been drinking the past 12 months....I kinda had the mindset that he was just a big guy...with a naturally high tolerance...that liked to relax & have a few drinks every once in a while. The deceiving part was that his self-poured "drink" ='s 1 tall glass with multiple servings of alcohol in it. I didn't realize how much alcohol he was consuming on the couch until I started to notice how empty the liquor bottle was the next morning. I'm here because concerned & wondering if his drinking will continue to escalate and where will this path lead 2,5,10 years down the road. I'm also wondering what I can do to help him (if that's even possible).