Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
daisygirl2000

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post

will it get worse? it's already getting worse.

his drinking is HIS choice. regardless of health concerns, his SON, you, if he wants to drink, he's gonna drink. he's drinking all the time......in fact his life is centered around that activity. he's blowing off other things, making excuses.
But that's the thing....to my knowledge he is not drinking all the time.
That's why I haven't been sure all this time if alcohol is a problem or not. I have not seen him heavily drink & then maintenance drink in between. Its more like he'll heavily drink 1-2 days....not drink....heavily drink 1-2 days....not drink, etc.

His drinking frequency to my knowledge:
First year dating: 1-2 times/month.
Second year dating: 2-3 times/month.
Past month of May: He's drank a minimum of 4 times (2 times in front of me & at least 2 times while on a 2-week-training trip with his unit - he may have drank more days than that though. The trips open a big opportunity to drink because his son isn't around).

However, I have seriously wondered if he was given more opportunity to drink would he drink more often?...that if he didn't have his son or didn't have to worry about passing an army PT test every few months, would he heavily drink every weekend despite his blood pressure & weight?

This past Sunday was the first time I remember him blowing off plans after drinking.....and according to him (of course), it had nothing to do with his drinking.