Thread: Day 3 -
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StevenD

Day 3 -

Hi everyone,

On Day 3 today and DO NOT want to drink to ease these horrible withdrawal symptoms so I thought I would get involved and post here.

This is not my first attempt....In fact it's probably about my 20th. I first realized I had a problem 5 years ago and went to rehab. Stayed sober 9 months, drank for a few days and then another 6 months. Since that time, I put together a month or two or three and then I'm back to drinking. The last year in particular has been a nightmare of new lows and bottoms.

This past week I REALLY went to a new rock bottom. I'm living with my sister now (the LAST place I have to go) and I went out and drank for a couple of days, wound up in jail and said and did a lot of really crazy things to my friends and family. The worst part is I don't even remember half of it.

SO, my family has me pretty much on lockdown and has taken all of my access to money, transportation etc. I resisted this very heavily in the first day but yesterday I really realized how far down I have gone and that death is just around the corner if I continue.