View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

I've said this before, so bear with me if you'd already "heard" it.

We all easily say "chemistry" when we meet an opposite sex person we really go for. No stretch there; we accept this. But, just what IS this "chemistry"? I know it's many things - for me, the way he smells drives me mad as much as that intense look in the eyes, a certain low-sounding voice, and of course many other things. We easily accept that many people seem to be "intuitive". We've heard it said that some people have a great "gay-dar", right? Well I looked at a young woman in my workplace last week, and I knew, I mean I KNEW, she was alcoholic.

Damned, you don't look at a man and say "wow, looks like an addict to me; I think I'll get the hots for him". But, I believe that many (not all) of us here instintively attract to people that have The Affliction . I really do. Otherwise, why would I have had three men I have been in love with that are addicts? Why would you? Or about 90% of us on this site? It not that you fell for him before anything went crazy, or that because you didn't know, it doesn't count. It's in there, it's part of him, the whole him that you love.

And that's why I say, you have to dig deep, and figure this dynamic out, or else it will be repeated - after it's too late once again.