View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Krys

Send a little luck my way please...

Ok so in addition to being a recovering addict my ABF has been awful with money the last couple of months. His excuse is that he wants to take care of us and often spends more than he should. Plus he was laid off for 3 months and was using for part of that. The financial aspect of everything never really hit me since I make my own money and pay my own bills (and we talked about making a financial plan for him) but I had some unexpected and rather large expenses this month. I am looking at a rough couple of weeks (at least...) and cannot even stand to be around him right now. I am the type of person (as I am sure most codies are) that never asks for help, and I honestly have no one to turn to anyway. I thought the point of being in a committed relationship was being able to lean on one another, but right now it feels like I am the only one being a responsible adult. I can't help it, I want to throw things at him every time he walks into the room. I have been there to bail him out financially in the past...he makes 3 times what I make, the only reason he is broke is because of his own bull. Ugh. I think I just needed to vent, this is so frustrating!! I am at a point right now where if things don't improve quickly I may walk out. I am reaching that point way faster than I ever thought I would. My little brother is getting married tomorrow and I can't even afford to buy him a drink :-((