View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Oh yeah Laura it is beautiful here. It is a bit more country but man its gorgeous in Germany. Now that I am sober....well I am realizing the beauty all around. Didn't see it at all last year when I was sitting in depressed and boozing thats for sure.

Amy made a great post on counseling. My counseling has been great. We focus mostly on my sobriety, stress management and dealing with past pain. He gets me and I feel so good when I leave. My sessions help me understand myself and the encouragement is awesome. We talk about the changes I want to make and how I am going do it. We focus on one task at a time and taking it day by day. Keeps me grounded and focused.

It was nerve wracking walking into my mental health clinic on base. Yeah, no hiding it but now I go about every 3 weeks and probably after this next session....I will further it out to 6 weeks and so on.

My own hubby is just starting counseling and I remember he was turned off to it. Now that he has a few sessions....I can see change for the better in him.