View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

I had really bad insomnia too. Probably the first week after drinking was my worst. I would get maybe an hour of sleep after staring at the ceiling forever it seemed and then wake up with a panic attack.....grrrr. I would just breath, get up and make a beeline for SR...haha. Yes, SR saved me each time.....knowing I wasn't alone.

Totally here ya though.....I was on pain meds for an injury along with other prescription meds when I quit. I just tossed them all because I was so scared of how sick I was. Kinda shocked my system. Hubby was gone for a few weeks which I am seeing now as a good thing. I made a choice to quit and man.....I wouldn't want anyone to see me in that shape. My whole face was covered in red sores and I looked like I had chickenpox.

I am in the Rheinland Pfalz part of Germany. Hubby is active duty so we are stationed here. Kinda funny to be here since I am half German on my Dad's side and we trace the tree all the way back to family here. Pretty interesting.

Where are you located? Oh by the way....I also was in law school for a bit. Won't take much to figure out what happened there. I can relate to you in many areas.