View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
WhiteWave
Wandering Student of Life

I toss my hat into the "more water" ring. If you aren't eating a bit of raw, juicy fruits and veggies, then you need to be consuming a bit of water - 60-80oz is recommended. I kill two birds with one stone in the morning and get a powdered multivitamin that tastes good to mix in with a liter of water. I'm always able to drink it by noon. Then, I very casually drink another half to full liter over the rest of the afternoon and evening. I also include a lot of fresh foods for all their nurturing properties. An apple a day is always a good idea try to get a banana and/or an avocado in daily too. Maybe not a whole avocado.... either way, these are suggestions that I've been following for a healthier outter-shell since long before I became a hardcore alcoholic. They worked back then, and seem to be working now (I'm on day 58 or 59... I'd have to count).

Patience is a virtue. If you can learn patience with your appearance, imagine how much more patient and compassionate you could become towards others, as well as other parts of your self - physical, mental, and spiritual.

I'm rootin' for ya! One day at a time for sure!

Take care,
Blessed be,
WW