Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

To me this highlights our responsibility in the process of recovery, it is down to us to effect the change necessary through professional help or a program of recovery to be able to not be affceted by someone offering us a glass of wine.

Different scenario but i am working abroad and living in Hotel, i eat out most nights and almost every night i get a glass of wine plonked down in front of me and left there with the compliments of the house because of my nationality and where i work...they are just being nice...so i wait until the waiter comes back and say thanks for the wine but i dont drink so can i please have xxxx instead...doesnt bother me at all...

But before yes it would have really pissed me off!

Absolutely IMO if you cut off contact for your children then that is selfish...IF you aren't getting any help to change, but if you are doing that then it is not selfish and for a period will be fine if thats what you need...well done on the 30 days:-)

NB I dont like anchovies, in fact i hate the taste of them....if you recover i promise you will react as if someone is offering you a food you would never consider eating...laugh and say no thanks i cant stand the stuff or, in this case, maybe wow i cant drink anymore of that stuff its started to give me real stomach rot even one glass...can i have a soda? Difficult to explain but it will happen if you change yourself:-)