Thread: god help us.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
krizlo

Originally Posted by SisOfAnAddict View Post
His recovery shouldn't be for you or the kids. He needs to do it for himself. You weren't enough of a reason to stay clean before and you won't be enough of a reason when he gets out. Him asking you why he's even there if there's a chance you'll split should be a red flag to you.
i've told him this repeatedly. tonight he told me he wants to get better, and he told me tonight that jail opened his eyes. i really want to believe this, but i told him that i just cannot trust him at this point. i told him that if we spent some time living apart, then he could have something to work for - getting better in a more positive environment, and work towards our marriage and regaining my trust as his wife. i just hope he isn't saying he wants to get better just because it's something i want to hear.

he seems to understand everything i told him tonight. i was much stronger than i was earlier today and i didn't hold back as much as i have been.

they're not letting him out until he is adjusted to his medication which is gonna be probably 2 weeks. i just hope that he is able to reschedule his court date.