Old 05-22-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Satya
Finding Truth Within

Setting Boundries when there is Children Involved

Exabf and I have been doing visitations supervised by me 3x a week for 4 hrs at a time. We usually meet at some public place. Recently I brought up some concerns about some medical issues concerning our daughter. She is scheduled to have general anesthesia for some extensive tooth decay. A few months ago she was hospitalized for reactive airways disease (possibly her 1st asthma attack,) so I am a bit nervous about her going under. I said I was considering postponing the date a bit. He didn't like what I had to say, and he immediately started verbally attacking me. A day or so later he called me and was threatening to report me to Child Protective Services for medical neglect.

Now, I don't have a problem with him disagreeing with that idea or saying so. I was only considering that option, and I was doing lots of research and carefully weighing all the pros and cons. And, I actually wanted to hear his thoughts on it, and I wanted to take them into consideration.

My issue is with him immediately resorting to putting me down and threatening me. He has an ongoing pattern of doing this to try and control me, and I am sick of it. I don't want him to think that this is acceptable.

Right now, I am so fed up and disgusted with his attacks, that I don't want to be around him. How do I find the balance between protecting my children, and allowing them to have visits with him, while keeping my own distance from him?

We were supposed to have a visit today, but I have been ignoring his calls. I don't know what to do or what the right balance is.