View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
thequest

thought he overcame any entitlement

Originally Posted by Lilya View Post
I would think by your description that the person is stuck in a victim mode. He is still harbouring resentment because of his circumstances, blaming his parents and other people. He seems to be in emotional pain since he lashes out at people. Does he drink?

I know some people like that and there are some in my family. I try to avoid them, because they mess with my own recovery and most of them have not followed any advice or guidance to get on with their lives and let go of the past.

I say like the ancient Serbes: Live and let live.

Victim mode describes things very well. Drinks like a fish. The funny thing is that he actually "made it" by working his way into management in at least 2 companies by BARELY completing a 2 year degree. He now considers himself a whitecollar professional. BUT he's not the high power executive he thinks he is. And before he was layed off(had 9 months warning as well) he turned down a transfer doing the same job but didn't want to leave his friends. Want his cake and eat it too-we're right back to entitlement.

He feels cheated and uses the current economy as an excuse for his decades of attitude and behavior. Sometimes I wonder if it's the lack of money or the lack of job title with privilege that bothers him more.