Thread: Give A Damn
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by justjo View Post
Maybe I just need time, I need time off from it all but how do I escape.
Oh.... a true vacation would be sooooo wonderful. *sigh* But it doesn't need to be that.... definite. The first time I took a break for myself, I just spaced out in front the TV while my sister watched my son, because I had no idea what I would like to do. I'm astounded now at how hard it was for me to accept her offer to help by babysitting.

I'm still trying different things that friends or family said they like to do. Slowly, I'm finding stuff I enjoy and would like to keep doing. Sometimes I even find something new without any one's help. Sometimes, it's just closing my door, turning on music and reading.

Originally Posted by justjo View Post
Trouble is, I dont even know what makes me happy anymore or if I ever was. I seem to go with the flow, find it hard to tell people I love whats really on my mind. You know, dont want to upset anyone or rock the boat.
It's hard to start feeling again when I'd shut down for so long. I think it kind of went hand in hand with taking time for myself. I'm still trying to figure out what helped me turn the emotions back on, so I can't offer anything there. Most likely it's different for everyone anyway...?