Thread: Give A Damn
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi jo....This is my message to you, is offered with love and respect.

When I was depressed years ago I failed realize it. The awareness to see how things _really_ are is a gift. Sharing here is a good start.

After always being the one to take care of others, I finally learned in a painful way that like you ...
Im the strong one of the family who is suppose to be there for everyone else all the time
I had to make some changes & learn to place the same (or even greater) value upon my self and decide to attend to justme

Sometimes I switch how I'm feeling about myself as if it was not about me but someone else...that's oftentimes how I can catch myself slipping away from where I want to be.

So here goes: I can pretty much guarantee that if my name was listed as the writer of your post---- I believe that you would tell me that I'm worth taking care of, that I'm worth being treated well by others and that I deserve that same attention I so freely give to others.

I'm so sorry you are sad but I'm also happy that you're sharing and reaching out. Please forgive my bad memory...but do you go to Alanon? Once my 'reasons' for being there were about the people in my life and soon afterwards my 'reason' for going was not about what 'they' were doing but instead for myself. You see, whether they got better or not- I was still left with the me that was so entwined with everything else to my own hurt. That burden is too great for me to carry. When that shift of my attentions happened; I began to find some relief and although I still have a ways to go towards taking proper care of 'justme' I find it's more than worth it. I'm worth it and so are you.

I hope you find some peace and maybe at least tell the doc how you really are...especially if you continue to feel this sadness.

Sending some extra hugs your way: (((justjo)))