Old 05-18-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
justdealwithit

Oxykillin.... I hear you on the CT. I thought about trying to taper, or switch to a another opiate and try to work my way down from there.... But, like you, I figured I had a much better chance of never going back if I actually suffered for my stupidity. All in all it hasn't been as bad as I thought (from reading others experiences) I've certainly had insomnia, RLS, achy muscles and a little bowel trouble but that's pretty much it. Very little cravings, no nausea, and the pain in my back actually is not too bad. I'm sure the pills had my pain threshold jacked to the point that every little thing hurt like hell. I think my body appreciates the vacation. I was actually up before my wife today, showered, had the kids up, dressed, and even had my morning coffee. THAT HASN'T HAPPENED IN YEARS Damn it feels good. Just gotta keep keeping on.

one thing I forgot to mention that actually kinda scared me straight...

the "acquaintance" that had been supplying the "gap" medication didn't have my usual 10/325 norco this last go around. But they did have 10mg methadone. Of course I bought them because I certainly didn't want to be without anything. Long story short, I started reading about them, dosage and what not, and I was absolutely SCARED S###LESS! Over my 5 years of pain management, the Dr. switched me from vicoprophen, to 5mg hydro, to 10 mg hydro, to Avenza(30 mg morphine time release) to 2mg dilaudid, but the 10/325 seeemed to work the best with the least amount of side effects... yeah right!

Anyway, just the "idea" of taking methadone freaked me out and I never put a single one in my mouth. I guess I'm a big puss! probably best choice I've made other than quitting CT

Day 5 here we come!!!!!!!!