Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MarkedMan2010

Justdealwithit,
Thanks for your post. I feel for you as I also have chronic back pain. Spondylolisthesis grade 2 at L5 which means my lower disc has slipped off of my tail bone by 50%. Herniated disc at L4 and degenerative disc disease. Been through all the same treatments as you.... Epidural injections, physical therapy and all. I've been on 4 - 7.5 Hydros/ day for about 3 years now. I still have pain but the meds allow me to function but that's about it. My spine Doc has offered me Fentanyl patches but I don't want to increase the pain meds in any way. I have an addictive personality... Went through a 2 year cocaine addiction in my late 20's, I'm 50 now. I know that if I increase my pain meds, there is no way for me to return back so I just live with a certain amount of pain and get by. I'm much older than you and surgery may be my only option at some point. Living on pain meds sucks and I'd like to find an alliterative as you would. I'm new to SR and going to check out the links that Dee posted.
I just wanted to post to say that I can relate to your struggle with back pain. Your story was very encouraging. Please keep posting about your progress.
Thanks,
Mark