Old 05-16-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
djb67

Thumbs up Here we go! Time to quit - supplement advice?

New to the forum, and wow am I glad I found it!

I have been a heavy drinker for most of my life. Yes, 42 years of it. Presently I am drinking about 12-15 beers a night. And it is time to stop this nonsense. I WANT to quit. Have thought about it before, but now I want to for myself, and also for someone important in my life as well. I know I can do it, and know I don't need it. Nor do I want it.

So, my problem I am facing after 4 days of quitting is I know I have depleted my body of nutrients etc. over the years.

Any suggestions on any supplements I can take that my body may need? At my low point I was eating one semi-nutritious meal a day. I have to correct that.

Also, I have this damn buzzing in my head that will not go away. Almost like your ears ringing but not so bad? Does that go away after time? It is annoying but tolerable. I guess I have not been sober for so many years that I forget what it is like to be normal.

Also, I have slight tremors. Not shaking, but very slight tremors like when I reach out to pick something up I shake a bit. Does that go away after time?

And I am sure going to appreciate being around people with similar problems. There is nobody I can relate to so this place is going to help out a lot as I am going to be going through a lot of changes. But am very excited and positive!

Thanks for any advice!

Oh, I am 42, male, have an above average lifestyle and an incredible ability to hide a very bad problem. I know why I drink and am changing that as well.