View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nancylee

Is this an AA program here?

My first AA meeting was a year ago, May 12th. Since then, I have gone about 3 to 7 times a week, and kept drinking. The most time I have had sober is 11 days.

I had planned on going to a meeting tonight, but I just can't force myself. I can't stand the whining and moaning about the same things, over and over and over. I can't stand how people avoid me, because I am one of those "unsuccessful" people. I can't stand the hierarchy, of those who succeed and those who don't. I can't stand the people who don't call back because you drank.

I also cannot stand the stories of moms who neglected/abused their kids. I never did that, when my kids were young, I really kept a tight rein on my drinking. The stories make me physically ill, sick to my stomach, they make me sit there and cry. I cannot understand people who get 4 DUIs. It makes me feel so different than they are, a built in excuse for drinking.

Do people get sober without f2f meetings? 'Cause if I have to go back to meetings, I don't think I can do it.

Thanks,
Nancy