View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Callie

it seems that a lot of the traffic in f & f, are about the interactions and pain it's caused by an active addict in their lives. or the newcomer who is just beginning to understand that they can't fix their addict. the focus is very much still on the addict, the drama that surrounds having someone active in their addiction, etc. i think what sofa is suggesting, is that if there was a forum that was a little more tailored to those who have moved forward, who still see themselves as codependent, and needing help and support, yet not interacting with a practicing a, that it would feel more right for them.

I 100% agree with this. I think sofa and I are just freshly out of detaching (or trying to). I'll admit that for me right now, I skip over the newcomers for the most part because things are still too fresh me. It dredges up things that I'm trying to move forward from. It's not that I don't comment on newcomers threads, I do, but @ this stage with where I am I'm trying my best to pull myself out of being with an addict. Alot of the threads here are from newcomers who haven't even thought about that process.

I also think that people like Anvil, Ann, Cece, Freedom, HK, Cynical etc (sorry about anyone else I've missed...) Are waaaay farther ahead than myself. So I see sofa's point about wanting a 'bridge' from one extreme to the other. I've also noticed that alot of people have left SR once they've moved on from their addict. Sometimes being on SR keeps thoughts in the forefront of my mind. I wonder if it would be better to wean myself away from SR since moving on from my addict until I can get my legs underneath me?? I don't know.... hmmm

Anyway, JMHO. I'm grateful to SR for all of the great advice and help I've received here.