View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
While I understand that the battle stories can become quite repetitive, I was taught that the newcomer is the most important person in the room to carry the message to.

If you think about it from the other side, what if all the addicts who are in recovery had a room where the still suffering were not allowed?
I think this sums up my feelings also. When I arrived here, it was the threads that I read from those who had been where I was - that now had something that I wanted - that kept me coming back and kept me listening.

I'm not sure a different forum for those who are struggling with an addict in their lives than those who have decided not to include addiction in thier day to day lives would be productive in the same way this forum is.

These days I read more than I post and I'm still learning, everyday, from both of the above mentioned. And then some days I have to back off, simply because.

You are welcome to start a thread to discuss the issues that you see surrounding you these days and I guarantee people would learn from it, even if just from reading.
(((Hugs)))