Thread: Giving support
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Giving support

First I want to thank everyone who takes the time and energy to read and post. I think it amazing that despite what one is going through in their lives that they take the time out to reach out to others.

Hiving said that, I want to address something I encounter here. When I post it seems that people and this may be the problem with the cyber world vs 1-1, want to give advice or opinions (and sometimes that is what is asked for) instead of support.

The past few days I have had a major setback emotionally, affecting my mental attitude and even my spiritual stamina. I am alone. I am a strong person and have overcome much in my life - alone. But it does not mean that there are times when I need to hear things like: " it will be ok", "things will work out", "you will feel better than this soon", "you can do this"," this is just a bump in the road moment"

Validation of my feelings and thoughts for the moment - I want to rant about my husband's behavior or disagreeable decisions - but I am more likely to be hurt and sad -I am so past the anger stage - so I am more likely to express mixed feelings about him. I tend to isolate and withdraw and I am trying very hard here to stay connected to people. Everyone here has been through it all - you all know what is like - to validate the insanity of things. I know the facts, the logical reasoning, the beliefs, etc - but emotions are a real part of being human.

And I also want to remind everyone that we are not all making the same choices about our relationships. We come here at different points in our path and I may make a different one than others today or a different one tomorrow - but I think it is important to be where people are in their posts with encouragement.

I don't get that in my daily life. That is part of what I am looking for here and I hope what I give to others.

Again thank you.