View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
iwantcontrol

It is going OK thanks. I’m not really sure what’s going on at the moment though. We had a chat over the weekend and I told him some of my fears, and why i’ve been so worried lately. He said that he understands why I’ve been worried and explained (again) that he is rude sometimes because I know when he’s been drinking and even if I don’t have a go at him, there is an undercurrent of disapproval and he gets defensive as doesn’t enjoy having faults pointed out etc etc. He said it is never my fault and I haven’t done anything wrong. It was nice to hear him say that at least. He claimed that he is going to stop drinking (yes, I know, I can hear the sighs from here!!), but I know that even with the best of intentions that wont last unless he seeks proper help.

I am still looking out for me and doing what I need to for me. Trying not to get involved in his life. If he really wants to change he will prove that with his actions. I told him that in this time apart we should both be considering what we really want. I said that his drinking is stopping me from being able to be with him anymore and that if he really wanted to give it up he would be making the relevant arrangements, as it needs to be for him. Whether I said too much I don’t know. Whether he even really listened, I don’t know. Whether anything will actually change - maybe, but if it doesn’t I am making sure that I will be OK.