Old 05-09-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
utopia

RELATE!

I like what CYMBAL said

She has shown me her character. Now I need to believe what I see, and I can be the parent and protect myself.

Theres a saying in alanon recovery called "the merry-go-round called denial"...this saying refers to how those in the family keep doing the same thing expecting a different result, alanon also taught me that one definition of "sanity" is when no longer wish for a different past, and to me that also includes what that has done to my family and who they are today and how our values do not meet on even ground. how many times must i touch the electric fence to get to the green grass on the other side before i know i just cannot? there is no green grass!

how have they hurt me?

how can they help me?

these two questions helped me a lot when i shared them with god, myself and another person...i was able to share all the hurt but after a time i realised there is nothing that they can do to help me to undo the childhood damage (for me this included some severe abuse)....i realised if they cannot help me now, they cannot hurt me anymore.....unless i volunteer...this one precious life is now under my direction...they are powerless over me, at least i try to keep practicing this principle and work my program and i find it is starting to become clearer and stronger within me...and we are never alone with the help of our Higher Power.