Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
posiesperson

Thanks StillWaters. You said, "I think it's important not to forget - since we tend to gloss over the bad, and romanticize the good." So, SO true!!

The thing with these e-mails is that they are exactly the romanticized part--we really didn't have anything negative in those e-mails. The only thing I did have was the careful phrasing I could revisit with regard to a few things that my exA would manipulate to say I didn't say, etc. and I could refer back to my carefully phrased e-mails for sanity checks. My friend who was with me while I purged the stuff last night told me some things about my ex that I didn't know--stuff that further confirmed the Jekyll/Hyde thing. Gawd, I feel so stupid on one level, and on another it's further validation of what I already knew...just more so. It's painful and I don't think I need to go there but I've kept my journals so hopefully that will suffice to remind me, and that goes for both of these relationships.

I can understand why you'd keep that stuff, though. What a purging party you'll have after the divorce, yes???!!!!

posie