View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
m1sgt

Originally Posted by sull0510 View Post
Hi, I am new to all this, so bear with me. When I turned 16 I got diagnosed with a very rare disease called dermatomyositis. At that point, I was prescribed to oxtcontin 40 mgs 6x per day. I was on those for about 4 years, then I decided they were too much so I switched to percocet. Now it's been 7 years on percocet. It's sad because I don't remember what it's like to be sober anymore. I am still on them, but I realize that I have a problem. I feel like I am a zombie, half dead, half alive. I just go through the movements everyday. So much of my life has been wasted. I just feel like I want to talk to some other people with my problem. I still feel like I am in so much pain, but now I am not even sure if it's from my disease or if it is from the pills.
Have a talk with your healthcare provider. Explain your concerns with him/her, and they can lay out a plan for you. If you feel as though its becoming a problem, they can work with you to either taper off the meds or try a different med. Just be honest with them.