Old 05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

My AH is also a "great" liar when it comes to whether or not he has been drinking or how much he drank. In fact, his lies used to make me doubt what I could tell was true. Someone on here said something that really made me think. It was something about by approaching him I was inviting him to lie to me....I already knew the answer - and knew he would lie. It amazed my how much my AH is able to manipulate me into not believing in my own observations and knowledge - afterall I am a bright and intelligent woman. I now take sort of a different road. I don't even approach him when he has been drinking, but for my own purposes I do send him an email letting him know that I can tell and that this continuing is going to hurt our marriage. Not sure if that is the right thing to do or not, but it is for my own documentation of the reality and scope of his drinking, and because I NEED to - for me - get it out. However, back to the lies...>TRUST YOURSELF - because he will NEVER tell you the truth about drinking.