Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
starcrossed

Unhappy Boyfriend claims he didn't drink when he blew a 1.0... need advice.

I bought a breathalyzer. I used it myself the first few times and consistently blew a 0.0... when my boyfriend came back from picking up a few grocery items from across the street (taking about 45 min when it only should have taken about 15-20) I made him take the test before coming into the apartment. He did not know that the breathalyzer had arrived today, and he blew a 1.0...

Sticking to his guns, he claimed that he had not had anything to drink, leaving the only remaining option to be that the breathalyzer is defective or misreading him.

So I tested him again twenty minutes later, and he blew a .08

And then again about twenty minutes later, and he blew a .07

I continued to test him until fifteen minutes ago when he blew a .05

I am puzzled.

Other than his eyes seeming a little glazed when he came in, I did not notice anything too unusual. He did seem a little pushier, a little whinier than usual but nothing too strange; however, this is coming from the same guy who has bragged to me about how functional he is even when he has had a lot to drink.

All I want from him is an honest answer...and he is flat-out denying it.

What are the chances of the breathalyzer giving an inaccurate reading, and the chances that the same reading has continued to decline at a fairly consistent rate?

This is going to be a big problem!