View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by Oddman View Post
Sobriety envy is exactly what I have. So am I willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it? That's the part I'm struggling with. I mean, whatever it takes?? Yeah, I'll go to a meeting. Break off friendships? Make wife wonder why i can't talk to her about this stuff?? That's a tough one.
Great saying in AA "First things first" so before you project your sobriety away the first thing is go get to that meeting, nothing else need concern you at the moment as you don't have anything other than tit bits that you have picked up from various, could be reliable or not, sources about what your next steps will be after the meeting...

That projecting thing took some time and work for me to get under control in sobriety but its much better, i would sit there thinking about a move or a new job and before i knew it in my head i was retired and deciding which state i wanted to live in and then how many people will be at my funeral...we are friggin crazy man pre-steps...time to get restored to sanity:-)