View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chino

Originally Posted by JMFburns View Post
Tangerine,

I'm looking at it from the other side. I'd like to be able to live on my own for awhile, doing what I want when I want, not worrying about hurting someones feelings, or wondering where they are or what they're doing.
Your post reminded me of something that happened a little over a month ago. My son was house hunting and invited husband and I to look at a couple of properties. I fell in love with a cozy little bungalow that was not his style at all, and said out loud "I want to live here." I didn't imagine living there with anyone else, not even my husband, just me.

Somewhere on this journey of codie recovery, I went from needing other people to fulfill my needs to doing that myself. I realized I've always lived with others all my life, whether family or roommates. I've always depended on others for income or companionship, something.

It's taken actively working a recovery program to get to this place. Now my challenge is to not swing too far the other direction. To establish and maintain the time I need for myself and not ever let it go.