View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tam

I was going to post the same thing. last few days I too have been feeling lonely and exhausted. been 5 months since my AH left. we are married 26 years.I work fulltime and take care of 4 dogs and 2 family house,I had to shovel snow, now mow the lawn and food shop and do all the chores. there are days I feel sad and overwhelmed. BUT, I then think about our relationship which truly wasnt a relationship as much as I thought it was when he lived there and how I felt then..and it reminds me that its really best to not be involved with addiction. I didnt take care about myself back then as much as I thought I did. my therapist did say that in a way we will go through mourning and I think that is pretty true. I do have many good days (more now than I used to) and now take more care of myself as well. it takes time.
I now cook,run,exercise, but that was after healing. I also allow myself to cry its okay and I am able to talk about the ordeal now (not as intense as in the beginning as I can finally do/talk about other things) which I couldnt for a long time before/after he left. Please continue getting support on here, meetings or a therapist, it really really helps. wish you the best you can do it